Friday, August 8, 2008

My Story: Read The Manual

Saturday night, July 19, 2008, me and my friends hang out for a dinner. We went by a cab. Fortunately, there was mini TV in that cab. Shortly, my friend turn on the TV. I saw several buttons on that TV, then I tried to switch the channel by pressing all buttons. Without knowing what button function that I pressed, I had had change TV mode into DVD player mode. We didn’t know what button should we pressed to change back the mode. We tried turning off and on. However, all we could get just sound without display. “Sir, do you know how to display this TV?”, ask one of my friends to the cab driver. The cab driver gave us instruction while he was driving, but it didn’t work. Finally, we arrived at the destination without watching TV. “Sorry my friends, because of me you couldn’t watching TV in that cab ^_^;”



In this life, we have leaning to try new things. What we had done could bring neutral, positive, or negative effect. It can not be undo for time is always move forward. Often we act first without deep thinking. Just like my story above, I act first without knowing how to operate the TV exactly. Luckily caused effect is not big. Imagine if you act like the story above in leading a company, of course the company won’t hold out longer.


If you are a driver who carry a lot of passengers in your car, read the map so you won’t lost in the middle of road. If you are a leader who has to lead a lot of people, you will have to know the way of being a great leader before you lead or you’re going to lose your followers.


“Read the manual first, then find ‘How to…’ words.



No comments: