Thursday, June 26, 2008

My Story : Scholarship and Work

When I was in General Middle School, I was depressed thinking whether I was capable of studying to the higher level or not. That time, my friends started talking about well known universities, both public and private. They also took courses so they could graduate with the best results and be accepted in their favourite universities.


Day by day had passed by with the thought of accomplishing my vision and dream of becoming successful. My dream was not unttainable; I only wanted to be a game programmer simply because I liked playing games.


By the time I was in the last semester of school, my brother hadn’t finished his study at a university. My father's job as a salesman was not enough to pay for both our university fees. That thing made me thinking really hard, 'How could I make some money? Do I need to just find a job and not continue my study?'. I lost direction. It was out of my capabilities; I could only pray. “Be it unto me as Your wish” was my pray.


Unpredictably, my father was told that a private university which was well known for its IT courses was offering scholarships for new students. Starting by completing documents including school grade average, entry test grade, medical check-up, as well as sitting an interview with the head of its HRD and the principal of the university, I finally managed to score the scholarship. Thank God for helping me complete all the requirements which were printed on the register form.


I then signed a contract with the head of the university. In the contract, written was that I had to work for the university for the duration of my study as well as right after I graduate for about 7 years, which was twice the length of my study. I thanked God because I could continue my study and also got a job at the same time. This event made me stand alone. A few months after I started working, I could pay my rent and buy my needs.


“Thank You Lord, because of You my life has changed. You have opened unpredictable ways for me and carried out my deepest desire, that I don’t even realize it.”


No comments: